Thursday, June 05, 2008
A toddler being random...
So I get these emails from babycenter.com that give you progress on your toddler, new baby, etc. and this is the latest entry:
Biting Strategies Not every preschooler bites — or gets bitten. But it can seem that way because the problem is so common. Surprisingly, biting is more often the sign of a child who's stressed, intimidated, or scared than one who's aggressive. If your child bites someone, you can nip it in the bud with a calm, careful response. The idea is to make the big fuss over the bitee ("Ouch! Are you okay? Let me see"), not the biter.
The thing is, Asher doesn't bite, he licks... I have no idea why he does it, I'd like to blame in on the dog... but everyone blames things on the dog (homework, etc.) so.... I just don't know. The biggest problem is its actually funny (mostly gross) but funny enough to laugh at... and for a toddler that means do it more... so I'll apologize in advance to anyone he licks :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just tell him Uncle Ryan will lick him back!
How do you not laugh at that???!!! Maybe you could use the same strategy you would for a dog that chews on chair legs or something....rub hot sauce on your arm and see if that helps..lol.
Post a Comment