Thursday, October 09, 2008
All Fruit Snacks are Not Created Equal!
Or are they...
We sure go through alot of them in our house, sometimes the Veggie Tales are an obvious choice, Asher has a special chair for eating "Lego" fruit snacks, etc. I try to mix it up a little (and buy the ones that are on sale).
Let me also day that I've been addicted for quite a long time, I think I ate at least a box a week of the Sharks and Dinosaurs (Aldi) when I was pregnant with Asher (my teaching friends teased me for being 23 and eating fruit snacks everyday).
Today we were eating Curious George, or so we thought. When we opened the little package we expected to find bananas, the man with the yellow hat, etc. But instead we found smiles!
We are quite familiar with smiles also... they are only sold at Wal-Mart and we had an slight issue the other week when I promised him a box of smiles (because we don't go to Wal-Mart very often) and they were all sold out... luckily a bag of pretzel goldfish served as a temporary distraction.
I tried to see if there were any internet posts that hinted they were made at the same factory... I know they do that with bread sometime. Wonder, and all kinds of store brands are all made at the same factory! (We took a field trip once in grade school!). If anyone has any expertise on the subject, please share!
Just a random post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Interesting...the exact reason why I don't mind buying generic! I know that Wal-Mart brand sandwich bags are made by Glad... I saw them on the same conveyor belt at Glad. I wonder if it's a Wal-Mart thing or if they all do it...hmmm...
Very interesting. Sometimes I am attached to my brands, but maybe they're not so special after all! Was Asher excited to see smiles or disappointed they weren't Curious George? I don't have any insight. I'm appalled at the marketing scam... :)
I know! I'm appalled that all that extra money goes to advertising!!
Post a Comment